Exceptional growing conditions, personalized organic farming and a minimalistic approach in the winery contributes to a pure expression of vintage and site. This Pinot Noir is an exemplary product of passion and condition. The 2016 vintage yielded very balanced fruit due to the cooler than normal first half of the growing season.
2016 Pinot Noir, John Sebastiano Vineyard, Sta. Rita Hills
Pomegranate, dark cherry and underbrush dominate the nose, with hints of clove. Juicy red and dark fruit lingers long and vibrant on the palate.
- 100% John Sebastiano Vineyard
- 108 cases produced
- Clone/Rootstock: 100%-115/101-14
- Soils: Marina sand and Chamise shaly loam
- Picked: 8/22/16
- 5-7day cold soak
- 14 days on the skins, no whole cluster
- Basket Pressed
- 22% New French Oak, tight grain
- No fining or filtration
- All gravity movements
- True expression of vintage and site
Alc. 12.5% | pH 3.55 | Total Acid: 5.7g/l