The Donnachadh Vineyard (pronounced "done uh kah") is located in the heart of Sta. Rita Hills on Santa Rosa Road. This Pinot Noir is planted in a steep hillside block on marine derived shale with high clay content, rock and cobbles. Cool winds from the Pacific make for more challenging conditions and resulting smaller yields on this site.
2016 Pinot Noir, Donnachadh Vineyard, Sta. Rita Hills
Dark fruit and forest floor dominate the nose with hints of baking spice. Juicy dark fruit lingers long and vibrant on the palate with a refreshing acidity holding everything together.
- 100% Donnachadh Vineyard
- 121 cases produced
- Clone/Rootstock: 100%-667/101-14
- Soils: Marina sand and Chamise shaly loam with clay.
- Picked: 8/26/16
- 5-7day cold soak, with 15% whole cluster
- 17 days on the skins
- Basket Pressed
- 20% New French Oak, tight grain
- No fining or filtration
- Mostly gravity movements
- True expression of vintage and site
Alc. 13% | pH 3.62 | Total Acid: 5.8g/l