Exceptional growing conditions, personalized organic farming and a minimalistic approach in the winery contributes to a pure expression of vintage and site. This Pinot Noir is an exemplary product of passion and condition. The 2015 vintage yielded a smaller than average crop which resulted in more concentration.
2015 Sta. Rita Hills John Sebastiano Vineyard Pinot Noir
Pomegranate, dark cherry and underbrush dominate the nose, with hints of clove. Juicy red and dark fruit lingers long and vibrant on the palate.
- 100% John Sebastiano Vineyard
- 100 cases produced
- Clone/Rootstock: 50%-115/101-14 and 50% -777/101-14
- Soils: Marina sand and Chamise shaly loam
- Picked: 8/04/15 and 8/12/15
- 5-7day cold soak
- 10-12 days on the skins
- Basket Pressed
- 25% New French Oak, tight grain
- No fining or filtration
- All gravity movements
- True expression of vintage and site
Alc. 13.1% | pH 3.55 | Total Acid: 5.8g/l